I’m a big fan of pesto. It is diverse that you can add it to anything. You can use it for dips, for salads and its great addition to baby potatoes. I was thrilled when I came across this recipe as it combines my love of pesto with the goodness we find in pumpkin seeds.
- 2 cups unsalted hulled (green) pumpkin seeds
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
How to make it:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Toss pumpkin seeds with 2 tablespoons of the oil and salt then spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast until seeds are puffed and fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes, then set aside to let cool.
Combine seeds in a food processor with 1/4 cup water, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro and remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Pulse until mixture forms a coarse paste then season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use.