Pumpkin seeds are filled with goodness. You can use it on soups, salads, bakes, breakfast and make your own trail mix with it. Here is an easy recipe for a snack that will keep you going all day.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (raw)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup whole almonds, toasted
- ½ cup dried goji berries (you can substitute goji berries with cranberries)
- ¼ cup candied ginger
- ½ cup organic cocoa bits
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the pumpkin seeds with the coconut oil and season with salt. Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Toast until golden, stirring halfway through, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, almonds, goji berries, ginger and cocoa bots. Toss to combine.
- Divide among jars or bags to store. Can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Makes approximately 3½ cups of trail mix.