In South Africa we love our braai’s. It goes together like battery and torch. Doing salmon kebabs are a brilliant addition to this wonderful tradition. It is not only tasty, but a healthy option for those that want to step away from the red meat without letting the boys down. Thank you for Kate Sears from Good Housekeeping.com for sharing.
- 12 Metal or bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2¼ lb. skinless salmon fillet
- 2 medium zucchini
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, red pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Rub mixture between fingers to break up any lumps of sugar. Add salmon and zucchini and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture.
- Thread zucchini slices, 2 at a time and alternating with salmon, onto skewers. Place on hot grill grate and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout, turning occasionally.