Hubby is the big curry fan and as he is also the one more lenient towards the veggie meals, this one is a winner with him.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 450g eggplant, cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 425g diced tomatoes
- 425g chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup plain yogurt, (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add curry powder, garam masala and mustard seeds and toast, stirring, until the spices begin to darken, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger and salt to the pot and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in eggplant, cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpeas, water and the reserved spices. Bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.