These crunchies are fabulous snacks for during the day when you need a little pick me up. In fact they are fantastic any time of day. Great to have with your morning tea or after your dinner tonight. Yummy! A shout out to Annie from An unrefinedvegan.com for your creation.
- 3/4 cup organic cacao wafers (or use unsweetened dark chocolate pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. puffed quinoa
- 1 tsp. powdered stevia (or your favorite DRY sweetener)
- 12 dates*, chopped and soaked in 1 cup water for about 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tsp. stevia liquid
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, toasted*
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 3 Tbsp. Imlak’esh cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. espresso powder
*To toast oats, preheat the oven to 180-degrees. Spread the oats in a thin, even layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 10-15 minutes, checking and stirring frequently so as not to burn. Remove from the oven and let cool.