Every year when easter arrives, I’m locked down in a fast where I can’t eat any sugar. So easter eggs come around and go around untouched by me. This year I have a card up my sleeve in how I will enjoy the lovely celebrations with not having to break my fast.
Thank you to Katie at Chocolate covered Katie for sharing her love of chocolate to the world.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (120g)
- 1 over-ripe banana (or 2/3 cup additional coconut butter) (160g)
- scant 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey – or pinch uncut stevia
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder (40g)
- optional 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- optional 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Make sure your coconut butter is melted before use. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Then smooth the fudge into a container or candy molds. (Plastic containers work well, because you can pop the fudge right out.) Place in the fridge for a few hours, or freeze for a few minutes. You can freeze it for longer periods of time; just be sure to thaw at least 15-20 minutes prior to eating.